Sea of Thieves’ first week of availability hasn’t been fully clean, with the sport affected by a wide range of server issues and different technical points. A brand new update–the first since launch–has now been launched to alleviate among the issues that gamers proceed to cope with.
Following a batch of server upkeep, the replace is now out there on Xbox One and PC. As detailed on the sport’s official web site, this “comprises a big selection of fixes throughout our companies, stability, and sport expertise.” It’s a large obtain, starting from 10 GB on Xbox One to just about 20 GB for the Xbox One X and PC variations. Rare defined that it opted to go for a full sport replace as a result of it was the quickest option to get the fixes into gamers’ palms. “If we would needed it to be a smaller shopper replace we might have needed to delay by numerous days, and felt the precedence right here was releasing the enhancements to our participant base,” the corporate mentioned.
Rare additionally shared full patch notes for the replace (model 1.01) on its boards. These element the lengthy checklist of bugs which have been addressed, which vary from Black Dog pack gadgets not displaying up and snakes dealing with the unsuitable course to misplaced beauty adjustments and chests that may’t be picked up. There are additionally enhancements to efficiency, and display screen tearing needs to be much less widespread. You can see the complete patch notes under.
Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: Week 1
Please use a html5 video succesful browser to look at movies.
This video has an invalid file format.
Sorry, however you’ll be able to’t entry this content material!
Please enter your date of start to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you conform to GameSpot’s
Much because it did after the launch points, Rare additionally shared one other developer replace video, which you’ll be able to watch above. It’s famous that demand for the sport has been “off the charts” and the present precedence is to get it working as supposed. Several recognized points stay even with this replace put in, and people are mentioned within the video. Those embrace delayed gold and status rewards, delayed Achievements, and Bounty quest skeletons being not possible to search out.
Rare additionally mentioned it is listening to followers’ requests for enhancements to the sport and that it is discussing these and can speak about them in a future video. One change it has already confirmed in response to suggestions is the cancelation of the proposed dying price penalty. You can learn extra concerning the sport in our Sea of Thieves overview and take a look at some newbie’s suggestions that can assist you get began.
Sea Of Thieves Update 1.01 Patch Notes
- Players who’ve redeemed their Black Dog Pack pre-order code will now appropriately see these things of their in-game chests. Not obtained your code? Check your Xbox Live messages over the following couple of days.
- Characters ought to now not lose particulars reminiscent of hair color and scars.
- When digging up a chest, there isn’t any longer an opportunity that will probably be not possible to select up
- Players ought to now not intermittently be lacking gadgets and weapons when loading into the sport
- Weapon, clothes and ship beauty adjustments made after migrating server will now persist throughout classes
- Players will now appropriately see different gamers titles
- Snakes will now behave appropriately, turning to face the participant when agitated
- Animal and skeleton motion round slopes has been improved
- The sport will now not enter an unresponsive state after accepting a sport invitation while matchmaking
- Merchant Alliance notifications for handing in varied gadgets have been corrected
- Lighting has been tweaked as a way to enhance efficiency on a number of islands and outposts
- Fixed tinnitus sound which persists after being killed by a number of explosive barrels.
- Seagulls now fly over floating barrels.
- Players can now not be held by a seemingly invisible Kraken tentacle.
- Fixed a spread of potential sport crashes.
Significant efficiency optimisations throughout all platforms, particularly concentrating on the 4K native decision of Xbox One X.
- Drastically lowered the chance of tearing when utilizing the small ship.
- Reduced the chance of tearing when contained in the Taverns.
- Sizeable framerate enhancements when traversing giant islands.
- Reduced chance of framerate hitches when navigating outposts.
- Optimised Foliage for smoother expertise in overgrown jungle areas.
Further enhancements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Player gold and status could be delayed when cashing in a reward.
- Player achievements could be delayed.
- For an replace on each of those points, please learn our Launch Update written by Executive Producer, Joe Neate.
- Bounty quest skeletons generally don’t spawn or can’t be discovered.
- If you encounter this bug, a possible work round is to sail away from the island till it’s out of vary, after which sail again in to set off the Island Name banners.
- Joining a participant whose ship is parked at an energetic skeleton fort will forestall the becoming a member of participant’s radial menus being opened.
- Rare Lore Items all through the world will learn in English, no matter present language settings.
- “Hunter of Cursed Crews,” Commendation will not be updating.
- Players might turn into comically smaller after preventing the Kraken.